Lead

May 14 11 4:46 AM

Tags : :

Leominster State Forest
Leominster State Forest

978-874-2303

Headquarters: 90 Fitchburg Rd./Rte 31 Westminster, Ma 01473

Beach and Contact Station: 1 Fitchburg Rd./Rt. 31 Westminster, MA 01473

Leominster State Forest is a 4,300-acre parcel of forested land, located in the five towns of Westminster, Princeton, Leominster, Fitchburg and Sterling in North Central Massachusetts. The forest is conveniently located off of Rte 2 (exit 28), is an easy drive for local residents, and convenient from the Boston and Worcester communities. Parking is available along Rte. 31 in several areas. From Memorial Day to Labor Day, parking fees are charged in the paved parking lots. The forest offers recreational opportunities year round, ranging from mountain biking and swimming in the summer to cross country skiing and snowmobiling in the winter. Nature lovers will enjoy the numerous hiking trails, the prolific mountain laurel bloom in late June, early July and the opportunity to observe all kinds of wildlife.

RecreationThe trails at Leominster State Forest are extensive and offer a wide variety of terrains. For hikers, The Midstate Trail, a 95-mile long-distance trail that runs from Rhode Island to the New Hampshire border, passes through the western edge of the park. A popular day hike along the Midstate Trail begins at Redemption Rock on Rte 140 in Princeton, and heads north over a scenic ridgeline which includes Crow Hill Ledges. Heading south from Redemption Rock it is a pretty hike over to the summit of Mount Wachusett State Reservation, another DCR managed property. Wachusett Greenways, a local land preservation group, offers a variety of guided hikes and trail maintenance days in Princeton, Sterling and surrounding towns throughout the year.

The terrain available to mountain bikers ranges from rolling unpaved fire roads to more technical, single track, multi-use trails. Hiking trails are off limits to bikers. New England Mountain Bike Association has been an ardent supporter of the trail system here. The Wachusett Chapter of NEMBA generally runs four trail maintenance days, two in the spring and two in the fall. All are welcome to join in the fun and help to improve the trails at the park. Another popular and unique recreational use of LSF is rock-climbing at Crow Hill Ledges. Permits are required (no fee) and are available at the park HQ's or at the contact station between Memorial Day and Labor Day.

The swimming beach at Crow Hill Pond is located next to two beautifulpicnic areas that also provide picnic tables, grills and a modern bathhouse. DCR lifeguards are on duty from mid-June until Labor Day. All other ponds in the park are off limits to swimming. Kayakers, canoeists and fishing enthusiasts enjoy using Paradise Pond for their recreational pursuits. The numerous islands, inlets and coves provide great warm water fishing and countless exploring opportunities. Paradise Pond is easily accessible off Rte. 31, where several put-ins are available. Crow Hill Pond (swimming beach side) is stocked with trout several times a year by Mass Fisheries and Wildlife. Hunting is also allowed in the park; all regulations apply. Winter recreation includes cross country skiingsnow shoeing and snowmobiling. Snow mobiling is limited to the unpaved roads and the multi use trails. All other motorized uses are prohibited.

There is NO CAMPING at Leominster SF. State operated campgrounds in the area include Willard Brook State ForestPearl HillLake Dennisonand Otter River State Forest. Camping reservations can be made up to six months in advance at all of these DCR operated facilities.

From http://www.bfro.net/

Geographical Index > United States > Massachusetts > Worcester County > Report # 28017 Report # 28017  (Class B) Submitted by witness on Monday, July 19, 2010.

Hikers observe and cast possible fresh footprints in Leominister State Forest
(Show Printer-friendly Version)

YEAR: 2010

SEASON: Summer

MONTH: June

DATE: 28

STATE: Massachusetts

COUNTY: Worcester County

LOCATION DETAILS: Leominster state forest, back side of No Town Res.

NEAREST TOWN: Leominster

NEAREST ROAD: Rt 2

OBSERVED: I am 45 years old, have spent my  in the woods. I have been hunting and fishing since I was very young. On June 28th my wife and I decieded to take a walk in the woods. We were heading to a secluded resivior located aprox. 2 miles in the woods. We came upon a spot in the woods that seemed liked someone was watching us. We heard a noise come from some bushes. I thought it was a grunt from a buck. We both expected to a deer come outof the brush. I said, maybe it was a Bigfoot. She told me to shut up and keep walking. We walked for another 15 minutes and realized we were on the wrong path to the lake. We stopped, ate lunch and headed back into the woods. We had stopped at some power lines and sat in some shade. It was over 94 gegrees that day, and this was about noon time.As we walked back, we both noticed some very DEEP  that did not look right. They were clearly 5 toed "Human" prints. In between the prints, was some deer tracks. The tracks clearly looked like the Human prints were chasing the deer prints. We both looked at each other and said, why would someone be running Barefoot, in 100 degree weather in the middle of the woods on a Tuesady afternoon? There were no other people in the woods at that time. The tracks were not there the first time we passed this spot, the noise was, the tracks were not. At this point I became very concerned that what ever made the prints was still in the area. I grabbed a big rock and told my wife to take some pictures with her cell phone. The tracks were about 6 to 7 feet apart. I could tell the first print was a right foot, that jumped out of the woods. The sixth and final step was a left foot that looked like it pushed off into the woods. No other tracks were before or after these six prints. We both became very nervous and started talking loudly and whistling. I did not want to run into this "person". We became a little confused and ended up on the worng path home. We walked for a couple hours, no way were we going back the way we came.Did not notice any smells or sounds. Just very quiet. No animal sound at all.

ALSO NOTICED: We took many pictures and made a casting of one of the prints. They were the deepest prints I have ever seen. No doubt a HUGE animal (human) made them. They were at least 3 to 5 inches deep. I did not even make a print when I stepped in the same area. I am 230lbs.

OTHER WITNESSES: My wife. Went back to the spot on 7/18 and found the same tracks with my brother and Friend

OTHER STORIES: We did feel like we were being watched the whole day yesterday. No animal sounds, very quiet again.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: Prints were found at 1:00 pm EST

ENVIRONMENT: Rough trail, prints were in hard mud- looked very fresh, lots and lots of cover, blueberrys and deer tracks.

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator D.A. Brake (PhD):

Both husband and wife witnesses were independently phone interviewed approximately 3 weeks after the reported incident. Both witnesses retold the same story and a 40 minute inquiry provided some additional details summarized below.The couple had previously hiked in this rural area of the state forest numerous times and was somewhat familiar with the secondary trails on which they were hiking. Approximately 1 hr into the hike the husband heard a loud and distinctive, single ‘grunt’ from close range followed by very brief heavy footfall movement. The area on both sides of the trail had thick under bush with no significant visibility. The wife did not hear the vocalization but described the brief movement as ‘heavy leaf crunching”. The couple remained still and relatively quiet for approximately 30 seconds, and not hearing anything further continued on the trail. Approximately one hour later, about 1 PM, the couple was headed back on the same trail. In the same area of the initial vocalization both simultaneously observed a highly visible set of 6 footprints (3 pairs of right-left prints) on the trail in a patch of relatively hard, dry mud. The tracks were headed in the same direction as the witnesses were walking. Both witnesses stated that they did not see the footprints on the trail while stopped earlier on the hike in, and were particularly surprised by both the depth and distinctive toes of the prints. Upon further questioning, the husband stated that a set of fresh looking deer prints were co-located with the footprints, along with a short track of less distinctive but noticeable smaller footprints. The husband commented that he believed whatever left the footprints was ‘chasing’ the deer, since both sets of tracks were co-located and headed in the same direction. While stopped and investigating the prints and tracks, both individuals commented that the forest was unusually still and quiet.After taking cell phone photos, the couple continued on the trail but quickly became uneasy, nervous and disoriented to the point that both reported becoming temporarily lost on the trail network. Both witnesses reported not seeing any other hikers on the trail that day. The original cell phone photos are of relatively poor quality. The witness and two other adults returned to the site approximately 3 weeks later and the witness reported that several of the prints were still visible. A cast was successfully made of a single, right-foot print. Two photos of the footprint cast are shown below. Measurement shows print to be approximately 10" length, 5" width, and heel depth of 2.5".Th

is incident took place in a relatively unused portion of Leominster State Forest, a 4,300-acre parcel of forested land that has remained largely undeveloped since Colonial settlements in the early 1700s. The forest is part of an expansive greenway area that includes Wachusett Mountain State Reservation containing the largest known area of Old Growth Forest east of the Connecticut River in Massachusetts. The entire greenway is comprised of upland hardwood forests, alpine meadows, ponds, streams, and wood and shrub swamps. The area supports a rich and diverse wildlife and bird population. The location of these prints is approximately 4 miles northwest of an area in southern Leominister known by locals as“Monsterland”, a nickname that originates from purported sightings by numerous individuals of a hairy man on the same stretch of road in the 1950s and early 1960s. This incident is also approximately 15 miles southeast of BFRO Report 8717

This next one I remember very well

I camped in that very area may times and spent many a night in my buddy's cabin at Lake Watatic, in Ashburnham, MA.

Geographical Index > United States > Massachusetts > Worcester County > Report # 8717 Report # 8717  (Class A) Submitted by witness on Thursday, May 20, 2004.

Snowmobilers have daylight sighting near Ashburnham
(Show Printer-friendly Version)

YEAR: 1977

SEASON: Winter

MONTH: December

DATE: 17

STATE: Massachusetts

COUNTY: Worcester County

LOCATION DETAILS: Traveling northerly direction, crossing a swampy area and old beds that pass thru New Hampshire north.

NEAREST TOWN: Ashburnham

NEAREST ROAD: Route 12

OBSERVED: I'd like to make a report, however it was years ago but I remember every part pretty well.I told a few folks about this over the years and they think I was nuts. But doesn't matter what they think. I was close enough to know what it was. I would say about less than 50 ft. Right in the middle of a fire road.In December 1977, my dad, uncle and my dad's other friends and myself went up to owned by a hunters club in Gardner, Mass. We went to spend the night, cook food and my dad and his friends like to play cards after eating supper. Myself and a friend used the snowmobile with a sled attached to the back, we took turns driving the ski doo around and the other would stand on the foot rest on the sled.The area was in northern central Massachusetts, very close to New Hampshire boarder. The cabin is in Ashburnham Mass. It's about 2.5 miles up a fire road called Old Colony Road. I remember it was a snowy winter that year. The area where we saw this thing was right on the edge of a swamp, old train tracks run right thru the area and crosses the fire road that we used to get to the cabin.It was about 4 p.m. or so, it was just getting a little dark. My friend and I left the cabin with the snowmobile, he was driving first and I was on the  on the sled. We left and came up to the swamp, crossed over the tracks and headed down the road about 50 ft or so. It was getting a little late and we decided to not go to far so we turned the sled around on the road. Had to pick it up because of the narrowness of the road. Once we turned it around it was my turn to drive. So now were facing the tracks and the swamp is on both sides of the road. the road goes right thru the swamp and the tracks cross right by the edge of the swamp.At this point I looked behind me to see if my friend was on the sled and holding on, when I looked up I saw this creature walking on 2 legs like a human. He crossed right by the tracks at the edge of the swamp and crossed the road right in front of us. I remember it looking at us and I remember the arms swing clearly. Just like the pictures I have seen from your site. Very similar. Anyway, I remember the its size, that's what was scarey, so large, I'd say about 7to 9 ft high, weight about 400 to 500 pounds. At least for something that size it would most likely be heavy. I know the woods there well. I've spent years in the military and hunt every year. I have been trained in tracking and survival in the woods so I know what I am saying and what I saw. But the thing took about 2 steps and he was across the road. All black hair, didn't notice any smells, but I can tell you this. I won't forget that day ever. It was cold anyway and with no breeze the smell of it wouldn't travel far. My friend was shocked. He won't even mention it when I see him these days. He told one person and they treated him like he was on drugs. So thats why I never wanted to tell to many people.I wanted to say something about it now because I just say a program on TV the other night about bigfoot and the Kiamichi Mountians, I think in Oklahoma or somewhere out there.I remember one other thing that might be relevant. That being noises I have been hearing over the years in the woods there. Something like a crying sound but so load it almost seemed as if it were close by. I think it was a ways away because when we heard the sounds it was late, about midnight. We sit by the fireplace outside the cabin sometimes late cooking steak or deer meat on the grill. Behind the cabin is a huge swamp area that goes up to Route 12 in Ashburnham, Mass. The swamp is down a bit behind the cabin. We find moose droppings back there and lots of tree scraps from deer.I beleive there passing thru that area at times. Those sounds I heard were never heard there before and I don't hear them now when I go up there. Every now and then they seem to come back, but only when were outside sitting by the fire. Strange indeed. These woods go far as well and you could easily travel them and end up in New Hampshire or further without seeing a house.As time goes by and the more I read about what other folks saw and the similarities between each story I'm more wanting to do some of my own investigating, but its very scary out there at night, especially for me. I carry a loaded .44 when I'm up there just because I have seen this thing up close enough to know what it was. No doubt in my mind.

ALSO NOTICED: Since that time we hear like crying sounds at the bottom of the hill behind the cabin coming from the swamp area. Usually late night that sound comes up. Sometimes it's there sometimes not. It's a hard sound to try to explain.

OTHER WITNESSES: Yes, my fathers friend's son. We were riding a snowmobile taking turns driving.

OTHER STORIES: No, but who knows, sometimes you don't hear about anything for fear of ridicule.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: Around 4 p.m. maybe a little later. Cloudy, like snow. Lots of snow on the ground. Needed snowmobiles to get to the cabin.

ENVIRONMENT: Very swampy area. Wetlands and some heavy brush. There are deer trails passing close by where I saw it. Also moose sign is everywhere up there. the tree's have markings 8 ft high. There is a lake close by called Collier Lake. Lots of pines but near the swamp its thick brush.

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Stan Courtney:

I spoke with the witness by phone.The witness stated that when the animal walked in front of their snowmobile they were about 50 feet away. He thought that it was perhaps 8' tall, dark in color, with very long arms that hung down close to its knees. He said the animal was huge and did not appear to have much of a neck. He did not remember any facial features. After the animal looked at them it picked up its walking pace and quickly went into the woods.The witness plans to return to the area and record some of the sounds that he has heard in the night.

About BFRO Investigator Stan Courtney:

Stan Courtney has a special interest in wildlife audio recording. He has attended numerous BFRO Expeditions and travels throughout Illinois giving presentations on "Bigfoot In Illinois". See Stan's blog StanCourtney.com for recordings he has collected over the years.Stan Courtney can be reached at illinois@bfro.net

Ashburnham, Massachusetts

Ashburnham is a town in Worcester CountyMassachusetts. At the 2010 census the town population was 6,081

History

Ashburnham was first settled in 1736, and was officially incorporated in 1765. The name is of British origin, possibly drawn from the Earl of Ashburnham, in Pembrey, or the Sussex community of Ashburnham.

Ashburnam was originally made up of the lands granted to officers and soldiers of a 1690  to Canada. It was called the Plantation of Dorchester-Canada until it was incorporated.

[edit]Geography and Transportation

According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 41.0 square miles (106.2 km²), of which 38.7 square miles (100.2 km²) of it is land and 2.3 square miles (6.0 km²) of it (5.68%) is water. Ashburnham has two distinct topographical areas, hilly to the east and relatively flat high ground to the west. To the east, Mount Watatic and Little Watatic Mountain rise in the northeastern part of town, with Jewell Hill to the southeast and Blood Hill rising just over the town line. In the western part of tow are several lakes, including Lake Wampanoag, Sunset Lake, Lake Watatic, Wallace Pond, and the Upper & Lower Naukeag Lakes, all of which (except Lake Wampanoag) feed into the headwaters of the Millers River, which flows westward towards the Connecticut River. Several brooks also feed into these lakes and ponds, along with several others between the hills in the eastern part of town. Several areas scattered around the town are protected as part of Ashburnham State Forest, as well as two smaller areas which are parts of Mount Watatic State Wildlife  Area and a small portion of the High Ridge Wildlife Management Area to the south.

Though it is over fifteen miles east of the easternmost portions of Worcester County, it nonetheless is the northeast corner of the county, bordering Middlesex County to the east, and Cheshire County, New Hampshire and Hillsborough County, New Hampshire to the north. Ashburnham is bordered by Rindge, New Hampshire and New Ipswich, New Hampshire to the north, Ashby to the east, Westminster and a small portion of Fitchburg to the southeast, Gardner to the southwest, and Winchendon to the west. The town's center lies seven miles from downtown Fitchburg, 29 miles north of Worcester, and fifty miles northwest of Boston. There are several small villages within town, the most notable being North and South Ashburnham.

There are no interstates or limited-access highways within the town of Ashburnham, with the nearest being Route 2, the major east-west route through northern Massachusetts, which passes through Fitchburg and Westminster. Route 12 passes from east to west through town, entering from Westminster and passing west towards Winchendon. The northern terminus of Route 101, which passes from Gardner towards the north before terminating at Route 119, which passes from Ashby before entering New Hampshire and becoming New Hampshire Route 119. Routes 12 &101 share a short, 150-yard concurrency in the center of town. There are no stoplights in town.

An abandoned section of the Springfield Terminal Railroad passes through the town, splitting in South Ashburnham, part of which returns towards Gardner, the other part heading through Winchendon towards New Hampshire. A line of the Montachusett Regional Transit Authority (MRTA) serves the town; otherwise there is no public transportation within town. There are two general aviation airports nearby, Fitchburg Municipal Airport and Gardner Municipal Airport, with the nearest national air service being at Manchester-Boston Regional Airport in New Hampshire.

Lake Watatic, Massachusetts

Lake Watatic Dam is on the Lake Watatic River in Worcester County, Massachusetts and is used for recreation purposes. Construction was completed in 1900. It is owned by Town Of Ashburnham C/O Bwc.

Lake Watatic Dam is a gravity dam, of earthen construction. Its length is 400 feet. Its capacity is 2500 acre feet. Normal storage is 1000 acre feet. It drains an area of 6.1 square miles.

Alex Hearn The Arizona Cryptozoological Research Organization www.azcro.net Alex@AZCRO.NET AZCRO NEWS TV : www.mogulus.com/azcronews AZCRO FORUM

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

Azcro Alex

Field Admiral of Operations

#1 [url]

May 14 11 5:00 AM

October Mountain State Forest 
October Mountain State Forest

256 Woodland RoadLee(413) 243-1778

At 16,500 acres, October Mountain is the largest state forest in Massachusetts. Here visitors can camp, hike and enjoy the outdoors while they visit nearbyTanglewood and other Berkshire Region points of interest. 47 campsitesdot a sunny hillside and offer a great base to explore this vast forest.

The name of "October Mountain" is attributed to writer Herman Melville, whose view from his home in Pittsfield of these hills in fall impressed him so. The state forest originated from the former estate of William C. Whitney, President Grover Cleveland's Secretary of the Navy. Trails are available for every level of experience, and include the famousAppalachian Trail. One of the most scenic trails lead through Schermerhorn Gorge, a striking natural feature which has intrigued generations of geologists. Countless varieties of wild plants and animals can be found throughout the varied terrain of this vast forest.

Campground Map

View on screen | Download printable version (pdf)

Trail Map 
View on screen | Download printable version (pdf)

Things to know before you go…

• The forest is open from sunrise to one half-hour after sunset. Access is free.
  • Camping season is from mid-May through mid-October in designated campground only. Reservations are suggested. Several sites are wheelchair accessible. There are three yurts that are available for camping. No group sites are available. Campground office hours: 8am-10pm.
  • Recreational Vehicles: RV size is restricted to 34 ft. No electric hook-ups available. Trailer waste station is available ($15 fee for non-campers).
  • Alcoholic beverages are prohibited on all state lands.
  • Be bear aware: Don't forget you are in Black Bear country. Never physically confront, feed, torment or throw anything at bears. Take appropriate precautions with food so as not to attract bears.
  • Pets are permitted, except in yurts and on yurt sites. Pets must be on a 10-foot maximum leash and attended at all times. Must have proof of current Rabies vaccine. Please be courteous and clean up after your pet.
  • All Terrain Vehicles: Are permitted during daylight hours on designated trails only, from May 1 through last Sunday in November (call ahead for details). No access from campground. ATVs must be on trailer in campground. Designated parking at selected sites, refer to trail map.
  • Snowmobiling: is available, conditions permitting (4-inch minimum hard-packed snow base).
  • Universal Access: a wheelchair accessible day-use area and trail are available at Washington Mountain Marsh. Refer to trail map.
  • Boating: car top boating is available at Housatonic River (public access nearby at New Lenox Rd.), Buckley Dunton Reservoir and October Mountain Reservoir day-use area. Stop aquatic hitchhikers; please ensure that your boat and equipment areclean before launching.
  • Appalachian Trail access: is available on U.S. Route 20 at Becket-Lee town line, 5 miles east of downtown Lee; and on Pittsfield Rd./Washington Mountain Rd. in town of Washington.

Park Directions

October Mountain State Forest is located in the central Berkshires, western Massachusetts.

From the East or West/Mass Pike (I-90): Take Exit 2 in Lee. Follow U.S. Rte. 20 west 1.1 miles through downtown Lee to Center Street. Turn right onto Center St. and follow (becomes Columbia St.) for 1 mile to Bradley Street. Turn right onto Bradley St. (becomes Woodland Rd.) and follow brown lead-in signs 1 mile to campground entrance.

From North or South/Rte. 7: In Lenox Rte. 7 is merged with U.S. Rte. 20. At Walker Street stoplight turn left from north, or right from south and continue into Lenoxdale for 1 mile. Turn right onto Mill Street, cross bridge and continue for 0.5 miles to Bradley Street. Turn left onto Bradley St. (becomes Woodland Rd.) and follow brown lead-in signs 1 mile to campground entrance.

I spent some time in this area also just north of here in Shelburne Falls, this is a very rural area and is in the heart of the Berkshires. 

Geographical Index > United States > Massachusetts > Berkshire County > Article # 414

Media Article # 414

Tuesday, August 23, 1983

Weird mountain "creature" is reported by picnickers

The Berkshire Eagle

"It stood on two legs, silhouetted on the trail in the moonlight, and it was huge. I don’t scare easily, but it scared me."So said  Durant, 18, of 183 First Street, one of two men who came to the Eagle office yesterday to report their sighting of a strange humanlike "creature" Sunday night on October Mountain. Durant’s companion was Frederick Parody, 22 of 771 Tyler St. They said the episode took the place near the former Boy  Eagle, which is on Felton Lake in the town of Washington and has been abandoned since 1970. They said they had been having a steak and chicken cookout with two friends. At about 10 p.m., Durant said, they heard noises in the woods. Around midnight, he and one of the others decided to investigate. He said when they were about 100 yards away from the cookout site, they spotted the creature 50 yards ahead of them on the trail, silhouetted in the moonlight. They rejoined the party, which ended about an hour later. Both said it was not a drinking party; that there was only one six pack of  among the four participants. Durant said he doesn’t drink anyway. As the quartet was about to leave, the headlights of their car picked up the creature, lurking behind some bushes, according to Durant and Parody. They said it was erect on two legs and was 6 to 7 feet tall. It was dark brown in color and had strange eyes that glowed, they said. Both were emphatic in saying that it was not a bear. Parody said he has hunted bears in Maine and was quite familiar with how they look. Parody said he got out of the car and began walking toward it, and it quickly disappeared. "Whatever it was," he said, "it didn’t look like it was going to harm you. Parody said he and one of the others returned to the scene yesterday at midday and caught a fleeting glimpse of the creature again. It moved extremely fast, he said. About all he really saw, he said, were "arms moving" in the woods. He said he plans to return Thursday just before dusk and would stay most of the night, if necessary, trying to see the creature again.Geographical Index > United States > Massachusetts > Berkshire County > Article # 70

Media Article # 70 Article submitted by  Moore: moore4@sisna.com

Saturday, October 18, 1879

A Wild Man of the Mountains: Two Young Vermont Hunters Terribly Scared

New York Times

POWNAL, Vt., Oct. 17 - Much excitement prevails among the sportsmen of this vicinity over the story that a wild man was seen on Friday by two young men while hunting in the mountains south of Williamstown. The young men describe the creature as being about five feet high, resembling a man in form and movement, but covered all over with bright red hair, and having a long straggling beard, and with very . When first seen, the creature sprang from behind a rocky cliff and started for the woods near by. When mistaking it for a bear or other wild animal, one of the men fired, and, it is thought, wounded it, for with fierce cries of pain and rage, it turned on its assailants, driving them before it at high speed. They lost their guns and ammunition in their flight and dared not return for fear of encountering the strange being.There is an old story, told many years ago, of a strange animal frequently seen along the range of the Green Mountains resembling a man in appearance, but so wild that no one could approach it near enough to tell what it was or where it dwells. From time to time, hunting parties, in the early days of the town, used to go out in pursuit of it, but of late years no trace of it has been seen, and this story, told by young men who claim to have seen it, revives again the old story of the wildman of the mountains. There is talk of making up a party to go in search of the creature.

Alex Hearn The Arizona Cryptozoological Research Organization www.azcro.net Alex@AZCRO.NET AZCRO NEWS TV : www.mogulus.com/azcronews AZCRO FORUM

Quote    Reply   

Azcro Alex

#3 [url]

May 14 11 1:40 PM

Those are some very pretty areas.  If I was a Bigfoot, that is the kind of area I would choose. 

-susanfarns

Truthfully knowing these areas like I do, and knowing these creatures like I do, and being as skeptical as I really am!  I have a hard time believing some of the locations claimed to be active in MA really are!  These two locations, and a third may be the Quabbin Reservoir Watershed area are pretty viable locations.

Quabbin Reservoir

The Quabbin Reservoir is the largest inland body of water in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and was built between 1930 and 1939. Today along with the Wachusett Reservoir, it is the primary water supply for Boston, some 65 miles to the east, as well as 40 other communities in Greater Boston. It also supplies water to three towns west of the reservoir and acts as backup supply for three others.[1] It has an aggregate capacity of 412 billion U.S. gallons (1.56 km³) and an area of 38.6 square miles (99.9 km²). Quabbin Reservoir water flows to the Wachusett Reservoir using the Quabbin Aqueduct. The Quabbin watershed is managed by the Massachusetts Department of Conservation and Recreation, while the water supply system is operated by the Massachusetts Water Resources Authority. The Winsor Dam and the Goodnough Dike form the reservoir from impoundments of the three branches of the Swift River. The Quabbin Reservoir is part of the Chicopee River Watershed.

• Even then the route 140 locations are mostly Land Locked by major population clusters of people, there's no reason for the creatures to stay in those areas, every detail of it goes against what we know about these creatures.  There was much available, in this land in the past, Turkeys, Deer, Beer, Rabbit, and other rodents, Pheasants, ducks and other edible fowl.  The numbers of all those have highly dwindled, the areas where you can actually shoot off a gun have dwindled drastically just since I became an adult.  Remember this is exactly where I have done most of the hunting in my life.I'm not really sure there is the natural resources in the environment in that area anymore to sustain these creatures either!  That is with out them turning into scavengers and raiding homes and gardens...  Everything we know about these creatures tells us they only do that on rare occasions, and then mostly only in very rural areas. 

These people want you to believe the Bigfoot are running around between the homes and yards in neighborhoods of $750,000 homes.  With high traffic, and tons of people around in both night and day hours...  It's just not like that there, the resources of the land it self have been,being depleted for 400-500 years, by white people, and before that by highly developed Indian tribes.  Only the most successful of hunters and gathers could survive in such a climate.  It would take Bigfoot, too much of an effort to find food, and stay secluded, he would not like it there, and would want to leave very quickly, even if a stray male roamed in.  It's nothing like say Lisa's area in Texas or here in AZ on the Apache and Navajo Reservations?  One of Scott Davis's original news  reports from the Res comes to mind, the one witnessed by Katherine Montoya of the White River PD:  Yes I know Katherine personally too! 

Now I'm not at all saying it's not possible, it;s just highly, very highly unlikely!  The people that are making these claims are also highly suspect and totally new to the Research world in most cases.I want to make this clear, I by no means mean our new friend that gave me this information originally, I'm mostly referring to the individuals making the claims themselves.Forrest Dweller's Research seams to be something everyone in the Bigfoot/Crypto world will want to keep an eye on!  Go Get em D!

Quote    Reply   

Azcro Alex

#4 [url]

May 14 11 2:06 PM

One of Scott Davis's original news  reports from the Res comes to mind, the one witnessed by Katherine Montoya of the White River PD:  Yes I know Katherine personally too! 

-azcro-alex

Now this report came out of a rural area, an area that is much more likely to have any kind of wild animal.  An area with a cluster of cabin's, but still miles from even the rest of the town!  Next to the Largest Standing forest of Ponderosa Pines in the country, maybe the world!If I hold to my belief that you must explain every sighting/encounter with a logical answer if there is the slightest possibility of there being a logical answer!  Then mostly likely everyone of these reports would be explainable, it's just not that rural of an area to not think that any sighting is just not a mis-identification of a human or other animal!

It's about the only conclusion you can logical come to with out being considered a quack!  It doesn't mean that you stop investigating, it just means that you call a spade  a spade, and go about it intelligently. with open but skeptical eyes.

Quote    Reply   

susanfarns

Admiral Chief of Operations

#5 [url]

May 15 11 10:19 AM

I would have an attendancy to believe our Apache friends over that of a typical city dweller.  They live closer to the land and sometimes off the land.  They should know what is out there better than we do.  The would know the difference between a bear, man or hairyman.  I for one (and Mitch too) would give the Apaches great respect when it comes to their reports and sightings. 

If you thought you know Bigfoot, you don't know Squatch. We are all learning. WWW.MOGOLLONMONSTER.COM

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help